Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

After A Vocational Indep Assessment After A Vocational Indep assessment

#1 User is offline   niceguyXXOO 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

hi Just wondering what ACC normally do if you are deemed by a mediacal assessor as being unfit for a full return to work after an injury?.....ie do they still keep hounding the hell out if you ??

#2 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

well if you are unfit for any type of work then you can't work. if you can't get any more medical treatment to inprove your injury then you won't be ever working.

as IDB says your Dr nd you should look at what you can do. Then look at all the options of what you could do with rehabilitation.

A letter from Ruth Dysons office written by the ACC states; ' i can summarise that the Corporation is legally bound to assist a claimant to maintain their current employment, obtain new employment, or regain or acqurie employment.'

this is to be out lined in your IRP. put what you want to do and then tell the ACC what you are doing with ACC's money. the only reason why ACC can refuse the rehabilitation is because it is not ecominical, then they must make it ecominical. If the corporation can't do that then they can't do any more test as they can't vocational rehabilitate you.

#3 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:35 PM

What then?????????????

you end up in the last box on the CPANZ diagram.

#4 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:53 PM

CPANZ is a bludger story.

CPANZ are not in the system to supply rehabilitation into employment and a good argument is that there questionable activities have nothing to do with aquiring or retaining employment.

read subsection 2 of section 80. If there has been no rehabilitation for the purpose of maintaining orobtaining employment then the vocational rehabilitation has not been done.

there tactics can be reviewed just like there IRP's.

#5 User is offline   RegularlyDuped 

• Pip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:33 PM

Hi, a number of years ago I returned to work under my own steam Recently I contacted ACC because I was having trouble with my employment due to health concerns and never got any help or even a response. Subsequently I lost my job and never got any assistance at all with helping with strategies to keep it or even a return call or email.
Do they now have to help with a rehabilitation plan. I am pretty sure that one of them informed me when I was first injured that I had been judged permanently incapacitated. Can I insist they help me with retraining as I hate not working although I do realize that the work I have been doing may no longer be suitable as I have to spend more time in hospital now which is why I lost my last position.

#6 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:38 PM

the problem is the Act iswritten so no one gets up skilled under the scheme. If you do anything ACC will then stop you unless you make sure the ACC continues to supply compensation while you carry out the Vocational Rehabilitation.

First step is to get an IRP signed by ACC stating no Vocational Independence assessment until completed the rehabilitation.

You should be receiving compensation and yes they need to look at Vocational Rehabilitation into other employment. you might find employment difficult due to ACC policy of charging employers due to you injury not the responcability of the current employer.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users