• You cannot reply to this topic

List of the Complaints against ACC All 45 of them

#1 User is offline   Gazza16a 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

Hi all
Found this on the Dominion-Post web pages.
http://www.stuff.co....nts-against-ACC
Cheers

#2 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Gazza16a, on 24 March 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

Hi all
Found this on the Dominion-Post web pages.
Cheers

Full list of Bronwyn Pullar's complaints against ACC
Last updated 09:29 24/03/2012

Legislation, Guidelines & Code Breaches by ACC:

1. Repeated non disclosure of correspondence regarding Bronwyn’s claim when requested.

2. Extensive disclosure of other claimant’s information to Bronwyn

3. No ability to restrict unauthorised access by 2500+ ACC staff and contractors to files, or medical files

4. Medical records (considered in law to be the most sensitive of personal information) are not given protection which is appropriate to their status and are treated as general documents.

5. Lack of procedure around dealing with statements of correction to incorrect reports

6. Threats of legal action against Bronwyn’s GP for refusing to disclosure non-injury information. Misuse of criminal provisions in ACC legislation.

7. Collection of information for an unlawful purpose

8. False written and oral statements by ACC staff with the purpose of unlawfully procuring medical reports for pecuniary purposes.

9. Defamatory statements by ACC employees

10. Exceeding lawful powers by investigating injuries for which no claim has been made.

11. Derogatory emails by ACC staff

12. Excessive Access to Bronwyn’s files – 1948 accesses within 3 ½ years, by about 150 different individuals, of which 1100 were in a single one year period.

13. Staff accessing files against management instructions

14. ACC167 Consent – used to coerce claimant’s into authorising otherwise unlawful collections of information.

15. Collection of personal information without claimant’s knowledge &/or attempted collection without knowledge

16. Collection and attempts to collect information unrelated to injury/claim

For the record

I totally support Bronwyn Pullar 100% as I (like most of us claimants/clients can) can also relate to - have also experienced most of what she has endured over the years and it is about time it was sorted out and NOT SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET as has happened in the past by ACC and the Government of the day.

Both National, and Labour, are fully aware of how ACC operate but have never intervened.

ACC, National and Labour should be held accountable!

Good on you Bronwyn Pullar.

Fran Van Helmond
RD3
Cambridge

------------------------
25-12-2003

Hon. Ms. Ruth Dyson
Minister for ACC
Parliament Buildings
Wellington

To the Minister for ACC, Ms. Ruth Dyson

Ms Linda Watling in a fax to the complaints investigator, dated 27 February 2003 alleged that I left the following abusive message on her voicemail =

"I hope you break your f---ing neck, have a nice day"

Numerous requests were made to Linda Watling, Steve Wagner and others to provide evidence of that tape.

They have failed to come up with that tape!

If any such message were ever left on my voice mail, I for one would NOT have hesitated to make an official complaint with the Police!

If there was such a message, why then did Watling not go to the Police?

I consider this as yet another attempt by ACC/Catalyst to get me off their backs.

This sort of bullshit by ACC/Catalyst case managers would/does lead to some claimants ending their lives in sear frustration!

No doubt this will be discovered if an enquiry was ever held into the way ACC management were encouraging their case managers to treat long term clients!

At the end of the day, all this bullshit from certain ACC/Catalyst management and staff is certainly going to cost them a lot of money, and their jobs, if I have it my way!

A copy of this letter is being forwarded to Dr Paul Hutchison, MP for Port Waikato, and to the Sunday Star Times.

Yours sincerely

#3 User is offline   unit1of2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

BLURB, on 24 March 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

Legislation, Guidelines & Code Breaches by ACC:

1. Repeated non disclosure of correspondence regarding Bronwyn’s claim when requested.

2. Extensive disclosure of other claimant’s information to Bronwyn

3. No ability to restrict unauthorised access by 2500+ ACC staff and contractors to files, or medical files

4. Medical records (considered in law to be the most sensitive of personal information) are not given protection which is appropriate to their status and are treated as general documents.

5. Lack of procedure around dealing with statements of correction to incorrect reports

6. Threats of legal action against Bronwyn’s GP for refusing to disclosure non-injury information. Misuse of criminal provisions in ACC legislation.

7. Collection of information for an unlawful purpose

8. False written and oral statements by ACC staff with the purpose of unlawfully procuring medical reports for pecuniary purposes.

9. Defamatory statements by ACC employees

10. Exceeding lawful powers by investigating injuries for which no claim has been made.

11. Derogatory emails by ACC staff

12. Excessive Access to Bronwyn’s files – 1948 accesses within 3 ½ years, by about 150 different individuals, of which 1100 were in a single one year period.

13. Staff accessing files against management instructions

14. ACC167 Consent – used to coerce claimant’s into authorising otherwise unlawful collections of information.

15. Collection of personal information without claimant’s knowledge &/or attempted collection without knowledge

16. Collection and attempts to collect information unrelated to injury/claim

Yup .... this is all soooo familiar isn't.... hands up those floating the very same boat of complaints! 'look mum no hands, they're up in the are in air!

#4 User is offline   unicorn57 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Well Yes, my complaint list would be the same...but I cold add...

Collusion with other health authorities to prevent ACC claimants from being able to access their Rights via the HDC, and Human Rights Commission.

#5 User is offline   Bob 

• Pip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Yes! Ditto for me too!

Does anyone know yet whether we are going to be able to make representations to the "Independent Review of ACC Privacy" announced yesterday?

#6 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Brionia, on 24 March 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

There are 45 issues, but only 16 published. Obviously more to come...

I hope they are published!

#7 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ive got a good one

acc knowingly unwilling to reverse any decisions made in error, through sheer stubborn bloody mindedness at being caught out!

#8 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

perhaps everyone would like to use the above as a template for their concerns

each of the numbers....just add in the supporting piece of evidence ie: the paperwork from acc....

photocopy it all!!! you will end up with a book!

just add your name, address and whatever details you want to onto a cover sheet

staple it all together, ready as evidence for a royal inquiry....

and dont forget to put on the very firSt page

THIS INFORMATION IS PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, AND BELONGS TO THE WRITER....

VIOLA.......ALL DONE.....SIMPLE.......

bless you Bronwyn wherever you are right now...you have just given the 6000+ claimants a way to fight back.

#9 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

AND WE CAN ALL SAY YES TO ALL OF THIS.

A LOT OF THIS WAS STARTED BY THE "DISHONOURABLE" NICK SMITH WHO INTRODUCED A CULTURE OF DENYING CLAIMANTS AND PUSHING FOR DISENTITLEMENT

BRONWYN WE ADORE YOUR COURAGE
Your having lived with a brain injury and all this stress for 10 years, my heart goes out to you.

#10 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Here is another one

Dr Chew Occupational Assessment report dated 2 April 2002
And his amended report dated 22 April 2002.

Both of these reports were made non-valid, due to interference by Dr Robert Percival, Aon's Medical Advisor. This is mentioned in the ACC Review dated 20 November 2002. The reviewer M.J.Dunn writes

THE PRIMARY OBJECTION RELATES TO THE UNINATERAL CONTACT FROM DR PERCIVAL WITH DR CHEW WHO SUBSEQUENTLY AMENDED HIS REPORT.

THE REVEIWER WENT ON TO SAY "THAT IS AN INAPPROPIATE ACTION AND AGAINST THE PRINCIPLES OF NATURAL JUSTICE".

#11 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sparrow, on 24 March 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

AND WE CAN ALL SAY YES TO ALL OF THIS.

A LOT OF THIS WAS STARTED BY THE "DISHONOURABLE" NICK SMITH WHO INTRODUCED A CULTURE OF DENYING CLAIMANTS AND PUSHING FOR DISENTITLEMENT

BRONWYN WE ADORE YOUR COURAGE
Your having lived with a brain injury and all this stress for 10 years, my heart goes out to you.

I lay blame to ALL past/present Ministers and Asosiated Ministers of ACC for their non-actions since 1999

#12 User is offline   Bazil Fawlty 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

BLURB, on 24 March 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

For the record

I totally support Bronwyn Pullar 100% as I (like most of us claimants/clients can) can also relate to - have also experienced most of what she has endured over the years and it is about time it was sorted out and NOT SWEPT UNDER THE CARPET as has happened in the past by ACC and the Government of the day.

Both National, and Labour, are fully aware of how ACC operate but have never intervened.

ACC, National and Labour should be held accountable!

Good on you Bronwyn Pullar.

Fran Van Helmond
RD3
Cambridge

------------------------
25-12-2003

Well said Blurb, I couldn't agree more. Good on Bronwyn Pullar for exposing ACC for the corrupt organisation that they are & have been for many years.

I know who out of ACC & Bronwyn Puller I would trust to keep my file safe & it most certainly would NOT be ACC.

#13 User is offline   MG 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I'm sure Ms Pullar's list will come as a complete surprise to anyone who has ever had dealings with ACC over their claims lasting for more than a week or two. The list reminds me of Ms Hangarter's statement of claim against our old friends in UNUM Provident, the US insurer that was ordered to pay millions of $$$ to her for acting in bad faith when managing her claims. Subsequently, UNUM was sued by many other people for the same conduct, investigated by state insurance regulators (with varying degrees of competence and effectiveness) before cutting deals with politicians that allowed everything to be swept under the carpet. What's all this got to do with ACC? Well, at the time, ACC invested a fair chunk of our money into UNUM, in return for which it got access to UNUM's claims management manuals (containing all the dirty tricks). The result, as they say, is history. I will post some more on UNUM's activities in the UK, where it receives $$$ in public money in return for "advising" the WINZ-equivalent over there, and the private providers, how to shaft sick and disabled people off their books, in ways that readers of this site will be all too familiar with. Sadly, our learned judges have determined that bad faith actions against delinquent insurers are improper in Mrs Windsor's southernmost dominion.

#14 User is offline   Compassion 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yes I can ditto Brownwyns list and then add some (3-4) too upheld by previous investigations of privacy commission, but unfortunately the same breaches (deliberate) kept occurring!!!! So the apology was not enough and there wasn't accountability., about time this is cleaned up as is very hurtful.

#15 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

I have to note that most of the breaches are to get around section 117.

Once they have information they always have the information and can not get rid of it unless it is false or given and received in error.

the other section is about section 65. (390 for cover under earlier claims) there is no error in accepting the injury but they are trying to obtain enough information to show doubt in should they have accepted the injury in the first place.

It is not boarding on fraud it is fraud.

This is deliberate and the early policy's explain to the case manager how to ask questions.

Unless one is able to get this out in the media I'm afraid that nothing will change.

#16 User is offline   Chasann 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

The list of complaints is nothing new to long term claimants of ACC. If you are an advocate of someone with Brain injury or the claimant yourself then often you're even further disadvantaged because the injury is not visually obvious. Bronwyn may have the finances, support and stamina to take this all the way.
The best comment I received from a preferred providor was "I wish I could support you but I cannot as I still rely on referrals from ACC. One day I may live to regret this."
And from someone who did challenge "It is a very lengthy and costly process to take ACC to court. We did, we eventually got . . . but I will deny any of this as we signed a confidentiality agreement to get this, so sorry can't help you. You have to be wealthy and strong if you're going down this path which is why ACC are seldom challenged in the manner they should be."
Forget the politics of which party "The Labour/Alliance Government is committed to restoring public confidence in ACC. We will also be reforming ACC's entitlements framework to ensure that ACC is able to meet the treatment and rehabiltation needs of claimants especially the seriously injured. It is through learning of the experiences of claimants and their families that Dr Cullen and I will be able to develop legislation that returns ACC to the Woodhouse principals, the founding basis of the ACC scheme".
Then there is the absolute honesty of another; "I shall give you the information you want but will deny it if I'm ever challenged or asked to confirm it. ACC are the very reason we're in existence, if we upset them we upset the referrals and we're out of business."
"Your complaints about ACC are by no means isolated."
At first I kept a running record of all the knockbacks etc I got then decided to just concentrate on getting the best therapists/professional I could either afford, or talk into seeing us, without ACC referral. Years later I'm exhausted; mentally - physically - cognitively and financially. How then do you fight a system which is just so ill equipped to deal with serious injury? You're left exhausted, despondent, disillusioned and depleted, and fade away hoping that the noises you made, may one day help another and not seriously disadvantage your loved one.
Now that the list of complaints has been taken up by the media, and is out there for public scrutiny may there be a tsunami of complaints. Let the ripples get bigger. . .

#17 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

6. Explain how this action/these actions have caused – or may cause – a negative effect on you (with evidence where available)

Under the Privacy Act, an interference with privacy usually only occurs when an agency has breached a privacy principle, and also has caused some sort of harm.

The only exceptions are in cases involving access and correction, where harm is not relevant.

Harm can be:

• Financial loss, or injury
  • Adverse effect on a person’s rights, benefits, privileges, obligations or interests, or
  • Significant humiliation, significant loss of dignity, or significant injury to feelings.

Breaches of the privacy principles are serious, and should be brought to the attention of the Privacy Commissioner. Even if – legally speaking – there’s no “interference with an individual’s privacy”, the Commissioner still encourages agencies to improve how they deal with personal information.

http://privacy.org.n...n-principle-one

unicorn57, on 24 March 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Well Yes, my complaint list would be the same...but I cold add...

Collusion with other health authorities to prevent ACC claimants from being able to access their Rights via the HDC, and Human Rights Commission.

#18 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

collusion....good word.....

suppression....

oppression

depression

and the fight out of the gutter and into the light!

#19 User is offline   BLURB 

• accforum.nz
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCambridge

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

- totally dishonest - very maliputative - should be investigated -

Leanne Mac Donnell
( ex AON, ex Catalyst, ex LTCU, now with ACC, Auckland Sales Street Branch )

Posted Image
Pictured: Leanne Mac Donnell

The Auditor General would do well by investigating this lady.

http://www.acclaim-w...forum/index.php

http://accforum.org/...ne-mac-donnell/

http://accforum.org/...branch-manager/

#20 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

She's a racist lying bully.

BLURB, on 29 March 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

- totally dishonest - very maliputative - should be investigated -

Leanne Mac Donnell
( ex AON, ex Catalyst, ex LTCU, now with ACC, Auckland Sales Street Branch )

Posted Image
Pictured: Leanne Mac Donnell

The Auditor General would do well by investigating this lady.

http://www.acclaim-w...forum/index.php

http://accforum.org/...ne-mac-donnell/

http://accforum.org/...branch-manager/

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users