Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Focus on Jobs as IOA assessor?

#1 User is offline   forestrymorning 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

A friend of mine has been referred for an IOA to Focus on Jobs in Auckland by ACC. My friend hasn't been given a choice of provider. My friend has genuine and reasonable concerns about this provider. Do any of you have knowledge of this company?

#2 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

View Postforestrymorning, on 05 March 2012 - 07:22 AM, said:

A friend of mine has been referred for an IOA to Focus on Jobs in Auckland by ACC. My friend hasn't been given a choice of provider. My friend has genuine and reasonable concerns about this provider. Do any of you have knowledge of this company?

They've had some idiots work for them too. Denise Martin #$&* up my friends appointments then reported her to Leanne Macdonnell who promptly THREATENED my friend to turn up to the appointment OR ELSE!

http://accforum.org/...-focus-on-jobs/

#3 User is offline   Paige&Billy 

• Pip
  • LocationTauranga

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hey There i am sure you will find that ACC must give you a list of providers to choose from in your geographic location in saying that this is an IOA so its more to establish what rehab and support is needed to get you back to the work you were in pre injury if they can. This is also the best time when you do find a good honest assessor to really get everything down that relates to your injury so they can help you this is the recommendation man or woman who suggests to ACC where to now. Pays to make a list to take with you so you dont forget to mention anything any homework helps when dealing with ACC
Best of luck

#4 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Your freind wants to get there paper document ready.

She wants to list the Jobs she can do and what is needed to get those jobs. This is any thing like a chair, Desk etc. If there is other skills needed in those jobs to list those skills.

Just remember section 86 and read it with the widest possible stance.

Do the paper work the assessor is there limited in what they will be looking at.

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostPaige&Billy, on 05 March 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Hey There i am sure you will find that ACC must give you a list of providers to choose from in your geographic location in saying that this is an IOA so its more to establish what rehab and support is needed to get you back to the work you were in pre injury if they can. This is also the best time when you do find a good honest assessor to really get everything down that relates to your injury so they can help you this is the recommendation man or woman who suggests to ACC where to now. Pays to make a list to take with you so you dont forget to mention anything any homework helps when dealing with ACC
Best of luck

Please quote the legislation but I am sure that there is a number of other people that could carry out the assessment that used to do the assessments.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users