Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Important! Submissions Due Sept 24th.

#1 Guest_IDB_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:03 AM

Reposted from msn

Seeing that no one is using the Amendment Bill No. 3 thread I will use this main thread for such an important issue - that is, the Bill and its intent, the following I have copied from another thread:

"The Bill is a major rewrite of the Act designed to give claimants, on the whim of a case manager, the bare minimum and when that is contested you will find that there is no right of review and appeal. Worse still, when your weekly compensation has been suspended on some spurious pretext of non-compliance and later reinstated, you will not get back payment for the simple reason that the new amended Section 117 will give ACC total discretion on whether or not it will back pay suspend weekly comp.

The current Act already violates the New Zealand Bill Of Rights Act as well as numerous other enactments, the Amendment Bill compounds and introduces new violations. I firmly believe that senior Labour Parliamentarians, Dyson as minister, Wilson and his cronies, with the acquiescence of the ACC Board have conspired to commit fraud against the public in general and claimants in particular, have conspired to pervert the course of justice and no doubt leagl beagles could come up with a few more equally serious charges.

If claimants sit on their arses and do nothing, fine, just don't come whining to me asking for help when it's too late, I'll be too busy trying to cover my own backside.

Some of you may have noticed that this Labour Government is trampling all over the rights of minorities - acc claimants, Maori, sickness beneficiaries, unemployed, disabled, people waiting vainly for elective surgery for debilitating medical conditions, children.

Shame on you Helen Clark, shame on you Round Table and shame on you Gatting for accepting your $M2.8 salary package - immoral beyond words - that amount could provide 200 dogs for the blind or 4000 cataracts."

We have received information that ACC is calculatingly and callously withholding backpayment of suspended and cancelled weekly compensation until such time as the Bill is passed into law. When that ocurrs, it will then invoke retrospectivity enabling it to deny backpayment due to its being statute barred by the new Act, crying crocodile tears of regret, of course.

We have also been informed that reviewers have been finding in favour of claimants who have had weekly comp suspended under Sec 117 and ordering reinstatement and backdated weekly comp - orders from higher up the pecking order within ACC (without doubt Wilson et al) issued instructions to commence payment but ignore the decision to back date and backpay to date of suspension. The same statute bar could also be applied to a claimant who has been exited, reinstated and not yet paid. I can think of quite a few on this board to whom that applies. Who will be next?

You will have observed that what ACC is doing are criminal acts of very serious proportions - contravention of statute no less, add in a little conspiracy to defraud and a touch of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and we have an SOE egaging in corporate fraud

Clause 23 of the Bill you will note is a major change conferring greater discretionary powers on ACC - that alone will have disastrous effects on all claimants. Furthermore, Clauses 20, 21, 22, and 24 will be equally disastrous if enacted, not forgetting that Clause 24 removes the right to review and appeal discretionary decisions - access to the courts is denied.

The present Act has serious conflicts with the New Zealand Bill Of Rights Act - the Bill execerbates those conflicts. ACC can't be trusted to act with equity and honesty now, how do you think it will act when it has increased powers? The entire Amendment Bill must be sent back for a complete rewrite.

File your submission now!!!!

for more information please read:
http://www.accforum.org/forums/index.php?s...findpost&p=8626

#2 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:28 AM

I'll pop this in here

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

The amendment bill is just like all the new acts they have brought in. It legalises the methods of embezzlement that are already being used. As soon as they are uncovered in the courts and judges etc. start making comments about ACC and its " legless tap dancer" Rehabilitation schemes and pointing out the ridiculous and bizarre. Then the government steps in and changes the act to legalise the ongoing and absurd travesties of justice, fraud and embezzlement that are now an entrenched part of the scheme. I for one am certain that a welldrawn up submission saying exactly the same thing and signed and presented by seperate people. Carries a bloody sight more weight than a mixed up bunch of ideas carrying suggestions for changes to the whole bloody act by individuals like myself who don't know where to start. If one of you folk who are belaboring everyone to file submissions will Post your submission. I and a heap of people I know will sign it and submit it. Get real what is best? a heap of different submissions or one clear submission saying the same thing? It is the number of submissions saying the same thing that count in this game. I have proved it myself with submissions to the Buller council. By putting in the same submission individually. We outnumbered the other submissions 3 to 1 and won the day. What do you want? A copy of a good submission signed and presented by hundreds or a few copies of different submissions put forward by a few? Some of our members are just not up to this sort of thing either because of their injuries or their personal circumstances. But by God they would put their signature to something like this if you will provide them the oppurtunity. I'm not ashamed to say I am a bit of a dumb bastard when it cames to this sort of thing but i can fight. I never drew up the submission we filed. But I copied it, presented it to ordinary folks like myself, they signed in complete agreemnet and I made sure heaps of them went in. I knew all we had to do was beat them with numbers. And so we did. Is ACClaim prepared to let us all see its submissions and decide, if we agree to what it contains, to submit it as our own? I don't want to do an english exercise in trying to say the same thing in as many different words as possible. But I do want to help beat ACC on this, if you will give me and others like me a hand. We can not fire our guns without ammunition but give me some and I will place a tight little group right up Wilsons arsehole. cheers jocko

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:59 PM

I understand that Sniftass has a very good lawyer on the submission an it maybe complete already

#4 User is offline   Kiwee 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2004 - 09:47 PM

Thanks jocko, that is what I wanted to say but my brain addled grammar has no way of getting the point across as succinctly as that. YES a submission we could all maybe print off and sign seems a far better idea than a bunch of submissions saying similar things. Cheers for that.
kiwee

#5 User is offline   jocko 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2004 - 11:44 PM

Thanks folks looks like quite a few of us suffer from Post traumatic stress syndrome. It drove me nuts and I used to call it "brain scramble"until my new doctor told me he done a lot of work with returned vets and I was one of the worst cases he had seen! I get it badly when I write to the beurocrazy because I know they are braindead. Buggar, I just had a blog on this in the Anne Potter topic on the other site. Wrong place! I can not get over how bloody brazen these changes are. I just managed to get my head in to it, the proposed changes. No wonder Watcha, Tomcat and the others are so strongly urging all of us to put in submissions against this. After reading it, it is obvious, as they say, it is clear that it is vital for all of us to fight this and especially on behalf those who are not in a position to do so. Thank God for the people who are amongst us with the ability and caring to get their heads in to this sort of thing and get us going. The changes are a frightening example of ACC steering itself in to a position where, as has been mooted, workers will not be able to receive erc for any longer than 2 years. The scheme can not afford it they say?
I wonder would Judge Hole mind addressing his remarks that "ACC is not a pot of gold for anyone to dip in to whenever they feel like it" to Gary Wilson and his wifes friends in the CPANZ?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users