• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Claim ACC in Australia

#1 User is offline   kiwikev 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi have been RA that has flared up due to an accedent in Feb 2011
I currenly claim ACC via CRM and I work 4 hours a day so part time return to work.

I am resigning from my job abd moving to Australia in Aug 2011 how will this effect my claim ?

Will I be able to continue claiming weekly money from CRM / ACC in australia ?
Will resigning from my job stop my claim ?

If I return to NZ can I restart my claim ?

Thanks in advance for your help

K

#2 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

View Postkiwikev, on 12 July 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Hi have been RA that has flared up due to an accedent in Feb 2011
I currenly claim ACC via CRM and I work 4 hours a day so part time return to work.

I am resigning from my job abd moving to Australia in Aug 2011 how will this effect my claim ?

Will I be able to continue claiming weekly money from CRM / ACC in australia ?
Will resigning from my job stop my claim ?

If I return to NZ can I restart my claim ?

Thanks in advance for your help

K

Hi Kiwikev,

I don't understand your acronyms....RA or CRM.

You will have to deal with your case manager. They are there to work with. It will be easier for you if your Dr is onside about the resignation and the move.

Pull up the acc.co.nz website and find the responsibilities of claimant moving overseas.

It is possible to move to Australia and retain your erc and your IA, but you lose all entitlement to home help, pharmaceuticals and Dr costs. You have to return when required for assessment at your own expense.

You will find the exchange rate takes a lump out of your comp.....you arrange to get paid the gross amount and pay tax in Australia if you are a permanent resident of Oz. If you are on an extended holiday you get to stay taxed in NZ. You get erc paid into a NZ Bank Account and use an ATM here for withdrawal.

Gloria. (in OZ)

#3 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

CRM
catalyst rehabilitation management is a name change from catalyst injury Management after ACC spent $3 Million to gain access to CRM case management praticed after ACC lost a case trying to claim OOS or RSI was not a diagneses of an accepted injury.

Your Resignsation will be classed as You don't want to work unless you have a medical certificate from GP as the reason to resign.

You are not entitled to Vocational Rehabilitation while over seas either by some of the case managers. if this is correct then the requirement for the Occupational assessments under Vocational Rehabilitation would not need to be completed.

I gather CRM are satified they have Vocational Rehabilitated you to the fullest and that was working the maximum of 4 hours per day. get that checked out before quiting your job.

#4 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

View Postdoppelganger, on 12 July 2011 - 12:45 PM, said:

CRM
catalyst rehabilitation management is a name change from catalyst injury Management after ACC spent $3 Million to gain access to CRM case management praticed after ACC lost a case trying to claim OOS or RSI was not a diagneses of an accepted injury.

Your Resignsation will be classed as You don't want to work unless you have a medical certificate from GP as the reason to resign.

You are not entitled to Vocational Rehabilitation while over seas either by some of the case managers. if this is correct then the requirement for the Occupational assessments under Vocational Rehabilitation would not need to be completed.

I gather CRM are satified they have Vocational Rehabilitated you to the fullest and that was working the maximum of 4 hours per day. get that checked out before quiting your job.

Sorry Doppelganger.....wrong.....You must return at your own cost when your casemanager requests to complete assessments. YOU MUST>>>

Gloria

#5 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Thank you for your input about ACC & life in Australia. Family heading over in droves. http://www.stuff.co....us-to-Australia still tracking up!

http://www.stuff.co....migrants-to-Oz.

View PostGloria Mitchell, on 12 July 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Hi Kiwikev,

I don't understand your acronyms....RA or CRM.

You will have to deal with your case manager. They are there to work with. It will be easier for you if your Dr is onside about the resignation and the move.

Pull up the acc.co.nz website and find the responsibilities of claimant moving overseas.

It is possible to move to Australia and retain your erc and your IA, but you lose all entitlement to home help, pharmaceuticals and Dr costs. You have to return when required for assessment at your own expense.

You will find the exchange rate takes a lump out of your comp.....you arrange to get paid the gross amount and pay tax in Australia if you are a permanent resident of Oz. If you are on an extended holiday you get to stay taxed in NZ. You get erc paid into a NZ Bank Account and use an ATM here for withdrawal.

Gloria. (in OZ)

#6 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:30 PM

View PostRose1, on 16 July 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

Thank you for your input about ACC & life in Australia. Family heading over in droves. http://www.stuff.co....us-to-Australia still tracking up!

http://www.stuff.co....migrants-to-Oz.

Now Doppelganger, you must understand that acc has been exiting clients for non compliance....especially to do with soc and voc assessments.......however the McGrath Supreme court judgement does alter this somewhat......no longer can they get away with hounding clients who live overseas either....to return for nonsensical assessments when it is unreasonable to expect a client of being able to be returning to work 30 hours or more. This is a big blow to their further trimming of the "Tail"......and a big releif to those in line for becomming the trimmed.

Gloria

#7 User is offline   Rosey 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationHamilton

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:50 PM

View PostGloria Mitchell, on 16 July 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

Now Doppelganger, you must understand that acc has been exiting clients for non compliance....especially to do with soc and voc assessments.......however the McGrath Supreme court judgement does alter this somewhat......no longer can they get away with hounding clients who live overseas either....to return for nonsensical assessments when it is unreasonable to expect a client of being able to be returning to work 30 hours or more. This is a big blow to their further trimming of the "Tail"......and a big releif to those in line for becomming the trimmed.

Gloria
This is exactly what's happening. Claimants who've won at review are reinstated only to be subjected to the Vocational Independence pathway. Under coercion they are made to attend assessments or are deemed non-compliant and the weekly payments stopped WITHOUT backpayment.

The McGrath case has blown this all wide open. http://www.courtsofn...ion-corporation

Posted Image
Sections

McGrath v Accident Compensation Corporation
— filed under: <a href="http://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/search?Subject%3Alist=Supreme%20Court%20decisions" class="link-category" rel="tag" style="color: rgb(116, 174, 11) !important; background-color: initial; background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Supreme Court decisionsCase NumberSC 127/2010 /2011 Case NameMcGrath v Accident Compensation CorporationDecisionhttp://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/pdf.png SC 127 2010 - Karen McGRATH v ACC (Civil Appeal).pdf — PDF document, 144KbMedia Noteshttp://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/pdf.png SC 127 2010 - Karen McGRATH v ACC (Press Release).pdf — PDF document, 83KbDate of Hearing02 June 2011Date of Judgment07 July 2011
Document Actions
New Zealand Government Online

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users