• You cannot reply to this topic

FCE - PLEASE HELP

#21 User is offline   TWINKLE09 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

TWINKLE09, on 10 June 2011 - 01:54 PM, said:

Hi all. My friend is having major issues with ACC - I know all groan now! She has been told she has to attend a Full FCE (standard) assessment.

Her case manager is Kelly McLeod - Hamilton (be warned this woman is a serious "toadie") Her obvious goal is to get my friend discharged - bonus time!

The diagnosis is a Prolapsed disc with radicularly - nerve damage I believe this to mean.

After advice taken from here my friend found out that the above case manager had not gained a docs approval for this assessment, had not told my friend about it - first she knew about it was a telephone call from Rob Neish alpha consultants. So she emailed her issues to her case manager. And surprise surprise her case manager has now gained her docs approval 3 days after my friend raised her issues, oh, and the auth. had been sent urgently to her docs!

She had declined to go to the assessment but they have re-arranged the assessment for early next week. Surprise telling her that if she does not go this time her claim will basically be suspended.

She is worried about any physical assessment causing her further damage so she declined attendance on those grounds.

Yep they have emailed her telling her the assessment is not a fitness test or includes independence assessment so basically the assessor will not be preforming a "fitness test" - ok yep! The doc has authorised a "objective standardised assessment" does any one here know exactly what the doc has authorised as she is lost.

Does she go for the assessment or not. I have tried to find info about the objective standardised assessment but can not find any info anywhere. My friend has requested a full written program description which should include a fully listed activity layout but (coincidentally) she has not received a reply as yet and time is running out.

The way the letter to the doc is worded I don't actually believe he fully understands what a Full FCE is. The letter states that the assessment will help acc produce further recommendations that will be helpful to her! Identify physical work tasks she can do and Identify employment possibilities.

Thanks for any help.

She is a long term claimant.

TO ALL JUST FOUND ACTUAL VIDEO FORMAT OF THE FCE ASSESSMENT NB: YOUR ASSESSOR MAY USE DIFFERENT EQUIPMENT BUT FOLLOW THIS LINK AND YOU CAN WATCH WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO's THE ASSESSOR DOING IT ACTUALLY TELLS YOU WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR!

http://www.roymathes...aluation-videos

www roymatheson com/functional-capacity-evaluation-videos

Done in two ways for you all to access it - it seems my original link was not working

Any other problems getting to the site just google roymatheson - note I believe that the NZ FCE follows MATHESON method and approaches to the FCE - go to the bottom of his website and it says fce video - this site is actually for trainers to administer the FCE program

#22 User is offline   TWINKLE09 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

MORE INFO ON WHAT A FCE IS ASSESSING

Summary

Complete systems cover:
15 work demands defined by the Department of Labor are measured.
21 work related tests are provided plus the ability to create custom tests:

Strength Tests
(Coefficient of Variation)

Performance Tests
(MTM)

Static Lift strength

Dynamic Lift strength
Push and pull strength Carrying strength
Pinch strength Finger Dexterity
Grip strength Handling dexterity
Wrist flexion strength Forward reach
Wrist extension strength Overhead reach
Forearm pronation strength Standing-Bending, Stooping
Forearm supination strength Kneeling, Crouching
Upper Extremity system covers:
8 work demands defined by the Department of Labor are measured.
13 work related tests are provided plus the ability to create custom tests:

Strength Tests
(Coefficient of Variation)

Performance Tests
(MTM)
Pinch strength Finger Dexterity
Grip strength Handling dexterity
Wrist flexion strength
Wrist extension strength
Forearm pronation strength
Forearm supination strength

#23 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

If you do not know what a ARC 18 is i cannot see how you can be of help to anyone on this forum.

Are you for real, or just pulling everyones chain.

#24 User is offline   TWINKLE09 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:01 AM

Easyrider, on 12 June 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

If you do not know what a ARC 18 is i cannot see how you can be of help to anyone on this forum.

I do not think I would be posting the content if I was pulling everyones chain. Not everyone is aware of all the forms of ACC thats why they come here. My friend did not understand what a ARC 18 is. If the poster had put medical certificate she would have understood. I am just trying to help others. I have personally been through two reviews and won both on very strong grounds. My heart goes out to all those who have issues with ACC. I was very badly mis treated by them and it took me a 8 month wait to win my 1st review. I can not believe that a gov. agency is allowed to get away with what they do. They break every law/act without a second glance.

#25 User is offline   Witchiepoo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:28 AM

Since when have these become compulsory ? Am I missing something here ?

#26 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Easyrider, on 12 June 2011 - 05:30 PM, said:

And you talk about others having a go???

Until you know better keep your mouth shut. Are you sooooo old and been on ACC sooooo long that you forget what it was like when you first had to face up to them.

I don't forget, cause guess I am a relative newbie, only been fighting for my rights for 10 years. But certainly can remember when I didnt know a dam thing about ACC and by the time I needed to know was so mentally damaged (not to mention the physical injuries) trying to hold onto my job, that I simply could not hold information of any importance in my head.

Twinkle dont you worry, you are doing the right thing helping others. Keep on doing it and dont let these slaggers get to you!! They are full of negative and spitful notions.

You go to it girl!!

Mini

#27 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:06 PM

Mini you old hag, this person is talking shit. I was cut off for 6 months after not fully taking part in FCE. And i still got cut off even though my ARC 18 said i was not allowed to carry out these activities.

I beleive Twinkle09 is talking shit. And is probally a regular poster using a new name.

So piss off back to your tax problems.

If you wish to see the full list of what ACC do in a FCE come to my place and i will give you a copy. Its difrent from what Twinkle 09 says.

#28 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

I don't forget, cause guess I am a relative newbie, only been fighting for my rights for 10 years. But certainly can remember when I didnt know a dam thing about ACC and by the time I needed to know was so mentally damaged (not to mention the physical injuries) trying to hold onto my job, that I simply could not hold information of any importance in my head.

Mini Looking at your file you have been on ACC support way way longer than me. In 1999 you had a appeal for disability %.

In 1999 i was still in my origional employment. So again stop talking shit you old hag.

#29 User is offline   TWINKLE09 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:34 PM

MINI, on 14 June 2011 - 10:43 AM, said:

And you talk about others having a go???

Until you know better keep your mouth shut. Are you sooooo old and been on ACC sooooo long that you forget what it was like when you first had to face up to them.

Twinkle dont you worry, you are doing the right thing helping others. Keep on doing it and dont let these slaggers get to you!! They are full of negative and spitful notions.

You go to it girl!!

Mini

Thank you Mini for your support. I am genuine. If easyrider took the time to read my thread he would see I am actually posting more about what is actually involved with a FCE as many do not know.

#30 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:43 AM

TWINKLE09, on 14 June 2011 - 11:34 PM, said:

Thank you Mini for your support. I am genuine. If easyrider took the time to read my thread he would see I am actually posting more about what is actually involved with a FCE as many do not know.

The info you are posting is not what happens at a FCE.

Have you ever done a FCE

I have the full assessment here, and half of the assessment is filling in questions.

So get your facts right before you post shit.

Again i ask have you ever done a FCE.

#31 User is offline   Huggy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

Easyrider, no disrespect, I have done a FCE about 8 years ago and indeed I had numerous exercises to do which I recall are similar to what the person has posted.

Indeed I had questionaires to complete, but this was moreso before the FCE assesment itself.

I specifically recall doing the step up exercise as it inflamed a old hip injury that I hadnt had problems with for years.

I also recall the lifting, grip strength, bending and twisting and other parts that are mentioned in this topic.

Ironically the assesment was done in the days of Win NT and Win 98 yet the software the assessor was using was dos which had been long gone from common use. When asked how do they verify if the software was accurate or their instruments were calibrated, and how so was this done, a lot of ummm and ahhh came from the assessor.

#32 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:37 AM

I agree with Huggy!!!

what I was expected to do on an FCE was tantamount to paramilitary exercises, and I complained to acc about push ups, star jumps etc.............

did acc care? NO

as i stated at the time, we are injured and you expect us to perform this stuff???

doesnt matter, acc will use whatever method they want to discredit, disentitle and deny.

and for new people coming onto the forum, being accused of talking shit is NOT very helpful, so unless you can say something nice, just shut the fuck up!!!!

Im sick to death of reading so much negative, backstabbing, bullshit, perpetuated by the same assholes, who have their own agenda.....

this is supposed to be a support forum.......so mind your fucking manners, and get a grip on it, and go seek some psychological help for your inane negativity

not everyone is so bitter and twisted they have to attack everyone else on here...

if some of you have that much energy to attack all the time, goes to show, maybe your injury is all in your head!!! and its no wonder you never win in court.

Admin, please clean up the threads, and get rid of the constant crap, that is perpetuated by the same assholes on almost a daily basis, it demeans genuinely injured claimants, who actually want to help others and ease the way through the acc challenges!!!

thats it!

and dont bother trying to abuse me............bullying shows how small minded and pathetic some people really are........

#33 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

The physical tests you are asked to carry out are.

50 metre speedwalk. Scoring norn 20 seconds.

Stand-Supine- stand (SSS0

Dynamic Lift

Sorrensen Test

Partial Curl_ up

Push Ups

Grip Strength- Hand Grip Dymamomter test

Sit and Reach

Submaximal Cycle test of Cardio-Respiratory Endurance

Most of the above tests have not been investigated for reliability or validity.

As i stated in a earlier post, the poster was posting shit.
I have a full copy of all the tests and how they are scored, if anyone wishes a copy get in touch.

#34 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Huggy, on 15 June 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

Easyrider, no disrespect, I have done a FCE about 8 years ago and indeed I had numerous exercises to do which I recall are similar to what the person has posted.

Indeed I had questionaires to complete, but this was moreso before the FCE assesment itself.

I specifically recall doing the step up exercise as it inflamed a old hip injury that I hadnt had problems with for years.

I also recall the lifting, grip strength, bending and twisting and other parts that are mentioned in this topic.

Ironically the assesment was done in the days of Win NT and Win 98 yet the software the assessor was using was dos which had been long gone from common use. When asked how do they verify if the software was accurate or their instruments were calibrated, and how so was this done, a lot of ummm and ahhh came from the assessor.

Huggy simmilar, and getting info off a USA website are diffrent to what you did.

And yes first they do the blood pressure and pluse. Then get you to fill in all the written questions.
I also have the copies of what you filled in, and how they score the tests.

#35 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

not their victim, on 15 June 2011 - 11:37 AM, said:

I agree with Huggy!!!

what I was expected to do on an FCE was tantamount to paramilitary exercises, and I complained to acc about push ups, star jumps etc.............

did acc care? NO

as i stated at the time, we are injured and you expect us to perform this stuff???

doesnt matter, acc will use whatever method they want to discredit, disentitle and deny.

and for new people coming onto the forum, being accused of talking shit is NOT very helpful, so unless you can say something nice, just shut the fuck up!!!!

Im sick to death of reading so much negative, backstabbing, bullshit, perpetuated by the same assholes, who have their own agenda.....

this is supposed to be a support forum.......so mind your fucking manners, and get a grip on it, and go seek some psychological help for your inane negativity

not everyone is so bitter and twisted they have to attack everyone else on here...

if some of you have that much energy to attack all the time, goes to show, maybe your injury is all in your head!!! and its no wonder you never win in court.

Admin, please clean up the threads, and get rid of the constant crap, that is perpetuated by the same assholes on almost a daily basis, it demeans genuinely injured claimants, who actually want to help others and ease the way through the acc challenges!!!

thats it!

and dont bother trying to abuse me............bullying shows how small minded and pathetic some people really are........

Wash you mouth out with soap.

#36 User is offline   not their victim 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

Easyrider
• Advanced Member

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Mini you old hag, this person is talking shit.

I beleive Twinkle09 is talking shit. And is probally a regular poster using a new name.

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 02:08 PM

In 1999 i was still in my origional employment. So again stop talking shit you old hag.

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 07:43 AM

Have you ever done a FCE

I have the full assessment here, and half of the assessment is filling in questions.

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 11:14 AM Most of the above tests have not been investigated for reliability or validity.

I have a full copy of all the tests and how they are scored, if anyone wishes a copy get in touch.
Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

To be grammatically correct: its actually "WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#37 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

not their victim, on 15 June 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

Easyrider
• Advanced Member

Posted 12 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Mini you old hag, this person is talking shit.

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Yesterday, 02:08 PM

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 07:43 AM

Have you ever done a FCE

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 11:14 AM Most of the above tests have not been investigated for reliability or validity.

Easyrider

• Advanced Member

Posted Today, 11:18 AM

To be grammatically correct: its actually "WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You go NTV

Why doesnt the old fart post the stuff up here if he wants to poke his snotty nose in??

Oh no would be asking too much to help instead of hinder or abuse.

You can still work while you injrued and awaiting your operations you old fart.

Anything I put in to ACC in 1999 would be my Independence assessment for permanent injury as I did that after I was told I had no right to weekly compensation. Well, of course have had both for a few years, backdated to date I wanted, now all by fighting legal battles for myself.

You do your own legal stuff old fart??

Yeah I bet you try. Do you get anywhere old fart?? Doesnt sound like it if they have you jumping through hoops. They never tried those things on me old fart!! Wonder why??

I have just been told last week in writing by the powers that be that I am now officially "an intelligent, educated and articulate individual, with a extremely detailed factual grasp of her case".

So Old fart call me an old hag all you like, at least I have been seen as the above, by those that make decisions on paying us our dollars. Unlike your mate Thomo, who has a very bad image as far as ACC officials & Courts are concerned. Like & like keeping company old fart??

And old fart it is not tax I am doing it is 'interest on w/c' and another couple of things that can and may help others. What you doing to help others lately??

You are a mouthy old windbag old fart, so keep your tongue in your mouth, until you need it to lick something. Lollipop!!!

squeak

#38 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

Hi Mini the Old Hag. You had better look in the mirror, and check your birth date, it appears to be before mine.

Why do you always blow your trumpet on what you do.

I offered to supply everone a copy of the FCE tests, one person took me up on the offer, they have now the info.

The poster who started the thread on FCE, on behalf of a friend, then went on to publish a lot of shit, then the mimi minor come to their rescue, and bagged the aggressor, wow. Stick to what you are good at Mini talking shit, keep going.

So far you have posted a lot of rubbish, why not post some more details about me, so far you have got most of it all stuffed up.

#39 User is offline   Witchiepoo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

SINCE WHEN HAVE FCE'S BECOME COMPULSORY ???

#40 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

Since ACC ask you to do one.

Look at the court case when a claimaint refused.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users