• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Had a bad time with ACC - recommendations needed

#1 User is offline   TWINKLE09 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hello to all. My 1st time on the forum and if possible I would like some help. I have had, as I am sure many others have had, a very bad experience with ACC. (Back injury from slipping in the bathroom onto a concrete floor landing on my left hip, 2 years ago. Offical reports state a severe fall. My left leg no longer functions properly with my physio stating that I only have 40% sensitivity in that leg now.) Acc not acting on professional recommendations, being lied to and deceived, having to go to reviews twice, both of which I won on very strong grounds. I am finally getting the treatment needed but live in fear of ACC daily. I am now being sent for a Impairment assessment for the lump sump entitlement but trust no ACC referral. I was supposed to see a Dr Chris Milne but have been warned against him and also a Dr John Collier. My last choice is a Dr Iona Bailey of Tauranga. Can anyone recommended her please. If not who out there in NZ on the North Island will give me a fair assessment? I really do not have a clue. All I want is a fair assessment.

I would also like to take this opportunity to warn everyone not to see a DR.Pai. He changed my condition to degeneration even though four other consultants agreed on my diagnosis. Hence I lost my ACC compensation. He was not a nice man to see and I felt violated by the time I left his office after my examination with him. His report was incomplete and he stated he had tested me for things that he never did.

#2 User is offline   so ovr sensitiveclaimsunit 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

View PostTWINKLE09, on 31 May 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

Hello to all. My 1st time on the forum and if possible I would like some help. I have had, as I am sure many others have had, a very bad experience with ACC. (Back injury from slipping in the bathroom onto a concrete floor landing on my left hip, 2 years ago. Offical reports state a severe fall. My left leg no longer functions properly with my physio stating that I only have 40% sensitivity in that leg now.) Acc not acting on professional recommendations, being lied to and deceived, having to go to reviews twice, both of which I won on very strong grounds. I am finally getting the treatment needed but live in fear of ACC daily. I am now being sent for a Impairment assessment for the lump sump entitlement but trust no ACC referral. I was supposed to see a Dr Chris Milne but have been warned against him and also a Dr John Collier. My last choice is a Dr Iona Bailey of Tauranga. Can anyone recommended her please. If not who out there in NZ on the North Island will give me a fair assessment? I really do not have a clue. All I want is a fair assessment.

I would also like to take this opportunity to warn everyone not to see a DR.Pai. He changed my condition to degeneration even though four other consultants agreed on my diagnosis. Hence I lost my ACC compensation. He was not a nice man to see and I felt violated by the time I left his office after my examination with him. His report was incomplete and he stated he had tested me for things that he never did.

I would DEFINITELY NOT recommend that you attend with Dr John Collier - there are other postings on Forum about this ACC Toadie, so have a browse around. I think I would be wary of Dr Chris Milne as well. Dr Lesley Topping (Hamilton) is also very good for IA matters - amongst other thing.

I would also recommend Dr Bailey however.

#3 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 12:00 AM

I highly recommend Dr Chris Milne. The man is brilliant. I cannot rate him high enough. In my experience, he skimmed through my file....he is a speed reader....then came up with the clearest and most accurate summation of any other treatment provider or assessor I have ever seen. I recommend him without hesitation based on my own experience of the man.

Gloria

#4 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:47 PM

View PostGloria Mitchell, on 01 June 2011 - 12:00 AM, said:

I highly recommend Dr Chris Milne. The man is brilliant. I cannot rate him high enough. In my experience, he skimmed through my file....he is a speed reader....then came up with the clearest and most accurate summation of any other treatment provider or assessor I have ever seen. I recommend him without hesitation based on my own experience of the man.

Gloria

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users