ACCforum: from original inury or mistreatment ? - ACCforum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

from original inury or mistreatment ? better in lump sum lots?

#1 User is offline   scrumpy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

Should the payments start from the original injury date? or if your injury is covered by medical misadventure, should it start from there? If it was original date, we should have got lump sum, but instead were told it was the independence allowance we qualified for. what do you think?

#2 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

anyxcuse, on 03 April 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

Should the payments start from the original injury date? or if your injury is covered by medical misadventure, should it start from there? If it was original date, we should have got lump sum, but instead were told it was the independence allowance we qualified for. what do you think?

It depends of if you have had any Lump sums previously under the 72 or 82 Act.

If you have it will be a reassessment under IA that you are now having. If not I think you should be having Lump sum based under 1982 Act where physical and mental were combined, or a IA backdated to date of accident.

I had Physical done for IA, I come under the the 1982 Act. The reviewer argued that I came under the 1982 Act so therefore when it came to mental they should have been added together. By this time, probably 10 years later, and much more paperwork to be done on w/d etc, I didnt give a dam that the IA backed to dated of accident than Lump sum under 82 Act would be. I had had enough of Dunedin IA unit, so was happy to leave it as it was, even though the Reviewer was argueing in my favour, money wise!! The amount of stress verses the amount of extra money ruled my decision not to go for the change to 1982 Act.

Mini

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users