• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Private investigator is following me

#1 User is offline   mixit 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:15 PM

A private investigator is following me, has been for a over a week now.

Yesterday He knocked on my front door, holding a file with my name on it.
He told me he was investigating my claim.

I told him the truth about the corruption he was involved in.

#2 User is offline   Gloria Mitchell 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:31 PM

mixit, on Oct 30 2008, 05:15 PM, said:

Isn't that unusual to have them knock on the door and admit they are up to stuff? Was he friendly? Did he give you any info on why they are investigating you?

Chin up there friend.

Gloria.

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

The only reason they have private investigators involved is when they have reason to believe that you have committed fraud. Usually the reasons for believing is irrational and even loony. Usually what they are trying to do is go on a fishing expedition. I would imagine that because the private investigator has knocked on your door it was a measure of last resort having drawn a blank everywhere else. Either that or they are completely arrogant thinking that they will shake some fruit from the tree by scare tactics.

To be certain that ACC are carrying out a fraud investigation simply write to the ACC asking them for the reason why they have initiated a fraud investigation. If they are not carrying out a fraud investigation they will deny the fraud investigation but if they are carrying out a fraud investigation they will say something that sounds reassuring but not actually a denial.

Usually ACC will have various pieces of information that has been reconfigured into something else so they can place the onus upon yourself to disapprove their hypothesis rather than the ACC to prove anything.

#4 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

Yep Mixit, I would do what ACCsux says. Follow him, take photos of him. Even get a friend to go with you. Some one who is clean as a whistle and they cant hang things from 25 years ago on, as has been tried on this forum.

And dont take one bit of notice of the other fella, who shakes hands with an investigator, when he has a dodgey right hand that he cannot even sign his name with because of the pain. yeah like right!!??

#5 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

well you need to get a copy of the info that the insurance company has given the PI. Get a copy from your insurance Co and the private investigator.

is there an act or set of rules that the PI has to follow. If it is read it and see if they go out side of there special area.

get a paper trail from the investigator and insurance Co. make both there lives miserable.

#6 User is offline   redsquare74ucys 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

mixit, on Oct 30 2008, 05:15 PM, said:

Good on you for mentioning the corruption. Over time it should lead to a heart attack.

Until then, make sure that you at least keep a notebook of his actions with dates and times. And keep it in a safe location (we wouldn't want that stolen would we?). I'm suggesting this because you may not have the mental/physical energy to track him all over town.

Also, when a suspect in an investigation is being watched the observer will do his/her best to have you unaware of their presence. This is because if someone is aware they are being watched their behaviour alters, thus valuable clues/info can be lost. I would really question who they are, and what their purpose really is, because based on what I just wrote they aren't really investigating, they are trying to spook ya or stress you out, or they have a reason to test your reaction.

Bastards. Or even worse (if there is something worse than being slowly gaslit), they could be fraudsters out to extract information. YES, REALLY! Now if you are listed in a phone book I could show up at the door holding a file with your name on it, claiming whatever. Sorry, just trying to help. Did you share any other info besides ACC being scummy pricks?

#7 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:01 PM

I am not mad because I have a certificate to prove it.

I am not paranoid because I think they are following me because I have various portions of the fraud file that describe such things as my relieving myself into Lake Taupo by the private investigator that followed us from Auckland and back and the very large number of individuals interviewed that resulted in 45 witnesses being subpoenaed by the ACC to the court which means that practically everybody who knew me was really working for the ACC.

#8 User is offline   mixit 

• Pip

Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:42 PM

He gave me his card. His Name...PI company and on the card it states he works for insurer.

The insurer has not funded anything, medical treatment or Doctors visit for 2 years.

I put in a complaint with the Privacy commissioner 4 weeks ago because the insurer had given a copy of my file to someone without a signed release. :angry:

Looks like they have gone ahead with the investigation ;)

[quote]Isn't that unusual to have them knock on the door and admit they are up to stuff? Was he friendly? Did he give you any info on why they are investigating you?

Chin up there friend.

Gloria.[/quote]

Yes he was friendly

[quote]get a paper trail from the investigator and insurance Co. make both there lives miserable[/quote]

I will ;)

I didn't tell him anything they don't already know.

I wonder if he has been following my children too?...they were in the same car accident as me.

#9 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:29 AM

As Mixit lives in Australia, I very much doubt it if ACC is involved.

I think yo should ask this PI for evidence of who signed off your file to him.
Confidential info in the hands of a guy who knocks on your door??
I hope you NEVER invited him inside never ever do that!!

#10 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

What has happened to the PI's and there ghastly ways over here, will have travelled quick smart over to Aussie land.

They swop info all the time, because we travel to and fro a lot.

I suspect the same will happen over here. You will get someone introducing themselves as other depts do. Even write a forewarning letter, as well.

Then no one can complain about them but they can still do their job and remember all insurance companies have PI's working for them.

Like other govt depts, they just dont take your word that black is black, they actually go see.

AND if the PI has a clearance that says he/she is allowed in your house, in place of a search warrant, you must let them. But there is only a couple of Depts that have that facility. And you only hear of one of them using it.

The thing is to get your entitlements and then get on with your life. With the minimum of fuss, so that these people have no reason to be around you.

This is exactly why I like my anonimity (or what I had) so much.

#11 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 03:55 PM

I DID SAY, do not ever INVITE a PI inside.

However if he comes armed with a signed Search Warrant from the Registrar of the courts, with a description if why access is need, and accompanied by a Policeman, yes, that is when you have to allow him in.
Huggy will confirm this for us if he is still around!
very stressful for you Mixit an dI feel very sorry for you.
Hope you take a photo of this jerk and lead him a merry dance up the byways of Australia.

#12 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:08 PM

Mini & Sparrow while the ACC can ask the private investigator to apply for a search warrant the only reason for a search warrant to be issued is that on balance of probabilities a crime has been committed and specified information that is known to exist needs to be accessed by way of the search warrant. A search warrant may only be acted upon by the police. The ACC or private investigators have absolute no business being involved with search warrant unless specifically invited by the police as the expert witnesses of the place so as to identify the information sought.

Of course the police have been extraordinarily negligent in this matter with the ACC and private investigators taking advantage of the police. The issue regarding criminal misrepresentation to the court registrars obtaining search warrants and misleading the police is a very serious criminal offence that large number of ACC staff and private investigators are no doubt guilty. The problem is the police have not been willing to prosecute leaving it up to invalids are not capable of prosecuting privately to actually prosecute. I guess the private investigators and the ACC consider obtaining search warrants regarding their mark as a little bit like taking candy from a baby.

If a private investigator presents themselves at the door of a claimant with a search warrant in their hand by proper thing to do is to tell them to get lost and ask the policeman to remove the private investigator from your property. The policeman will then no doubt take over from the private investigator in the execution of the search warrant. Ask to see the warrant and ask the policeman precisely what the police are looking for. If the policeman executing the search warrant does not actually know what they were looking for ask that he gets his boss to your premises and immediately and still did not grant access to the police. This will cause the police to gain entry by force which is a whole new ball game for the police, one of which the police will want to ensure they are on solid ground. Of course they will not know whether they are on solid ground or not having absolutely no knowledge of ACC matters or what they meant to be looking for. If the police are not able to understand the nature of the search warrant in their own right they will turn to the private investigator who no doubt will also not actually know ACC law. This opens up the way for a criminal prosecutions against all those who have been involved in the execution of the search warrant.

#13 User is offline   Spacecadet 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group:

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

Piss off cybertroll

#14 User is offline   greg 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

What is your real agenda Spacecadet;

everything in the last post is correct and is good advice.

All claimants must check any person arriving at the door and never allow them in the door.

#15 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:10 PM

Anyone following this latest "ADVICE"?? from Tomo could land them in the sort of trouble that he is experiencing himself.

"The problem is the police have not been willing to prosecute leaving it up to invalids are not capable of prosecuting privately to actually prosecute. I guess the private investigators and the ACC consider obtaining search warrants regarding their mark as a little bit like taking candy from a baby."

This is bollocks

#16 User is offline   Easyrider 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

Mr Spacey You been half good latley,
Now you are back to your personal attacks.

The board has been good for the past few weeks,

Now you show all just what a twerp you are.

I sugest mabey you should remove yourself.

#17 User is offline   mixit 

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

No I did not let him inside the house. never would, even if he had a search warrant.

He has been following me to my children's school and shopping centre.

If he is still doing this next week I will report him for stalking children.

#18 User is offline   flowers 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

Take his rego and report a suspicious character stalking the neighbourhood to the police.......
auto repeat dial the phone & fax numbers on his card and leave the line open.

#19 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:11 AM

Tommo

You are a absolute dickhead. I was talking of other depts and the way they use their influence and the fact that Aussie and NZ Insurance PI's will have to come into line with them and be upfront.

You really are such a stupid person. Twisting things around just so you can have your say. You have no idea what the f...k you are talking about. Just because you got investagated by PI's when Adam was a Cowboy, doesnt mean the same will take place in Aussie or in other Depts. It doesn't and it probably won't in ACC if they have any sence after Huggy and Co have been at them.

As I have said previously that will be one of the good and positive things that will come from Huggy & Cos efforts. Things will change for the better.

It is much better that Mixit now knows that a PI is investigating him/her, as being aware is preferable than being spyied on.

Besides at the end of the day mixit will do whatever he/she considers in their best interest. Mixit does not sound like a complete moron!!!

I simply am putting up information I actually have a passing aquiantance with for a few years and that is 'investigation'. You are speaking from a highly emotional claimant's angle, which has been hanging around your life and neck far too long. If you were innocent of any wrongness you would have proved it by now, by using documentation to do so. If you mark and identify the documentation correctly, they cant use it against you.

Sorry mixit, didnt mean to blogg your thread. But this guy speaking down to me, is like a read rag to a bull. Especially when I am coming from an exact opposite angle from him and trying to let you see it from the other side.

Hopefully all investigations will be carried out in the manner in which this person has approached you, upfront and to the point. Hopefully you can now get all the documentation they are using against you to prove whatever they are investigating. It may be such a little thing to clear up with a couple of bits of paper. But keep all contact and sightening as all here have said, recorded and photographed, with date.

You are now going to clear yourself before they go any further.............put your cap on back to front. Look at the problems from their side and then go attack what they have with your own evidence. Something Mr Thomas never bothered to do.

Good Luck

Still Mini

#20 User is offline   doppelganger 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

mixit, on Nov 1 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

No I did not let him inside the house. never would, even if he had a search warrant.

He has been following me to my children's school and shopping centre.

If he is still doing this next week I will report him for stalking children.

better still is to tell all of the parents that the PI has been following your children. Inform the parents that you think that he might be looking for children and that he might want the children for sex.

the PI went to your door for one reason and that was to scare you
he wants you to know that you are being followed. the real question is how long have you been followed.
and why are you being followed.
your insurance company is not paying medical expenses which they are liable for. your insurance company is committing fraud but why not make you a fraudent person before they get charged.

I beleive that you may have exposed the insureance company to a billion dollar fraud scam. There is a lot of money involved in what you are doing. I beleive that this guy is only one of several that will be watching you.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users