• You cannot reply to this topic

how long does it take as above

#1 User is offline   Relic 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationWhangarei

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Hi all.

How long does it take for ACC to make a decision regarding replacing equipment?

It is 11 weeks since my OT assessed me as requiring a replacement power-chair and still no word or known progress.

Should I be patient or should I get bitchy about the delay?

cheers

#2 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Write to the Team leader and demand an explanation as to why there is a delay in making a decision.

Keep a paper trail

Good luck

#3 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

View PostRelic, on 24 September 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hi all.

It is 11 weeks since my OT assessed me as requiring a replacement power-chair and still no word or known progress.

cheers

Write a brief yet polite letter enquiring into the progress and asked to be kept in the loop regarding the information requirements and decision criteria. Be sure to include the words "information" and "criteria".

#4 User is offline   keentohelp 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostRelic, on 24 September 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

Hi all.

cheers

You have an effective statutory tool in matters like these.

File an application for review of the unreasonable delay in processing a claim for an entitlement.

These rarely reach a hearing but are often very quick to produce the decision waited on.

PS I would note that both Sparrow and Alan Thomas who have posted on this thread are really quite ignorant in ACC matters and are heeded at your peril.

#5 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

KTH is quite correct the section of the 2001 Act to use is

134(1)(B) any delay in processing the claim for entitlement that the claimant beleives is an unreasonable delay.

get the relevent application document and fill it in.

It would be good manners to let them know that you intend to submit it if they do not give you answers the the questions you are quering.

There may be a legitimate reason why they are taking so long. Give them the chance to put you straight if they can.

Mini

#6 User is offline   unit1of2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

I think what Sparrow and AT have suggested is a polite and normal request to ACC on those issues. I fail to see why KTH would suggest going in boots and all with Reviews, which of course cost $'s to the public purse and one's own funds when as always normally advocated, one needs to have a fully ACC learned person/advocate or lawyer to put all across the table. Oh and lets not forget the time involved 'waiting', dragging of the chain to get a review date, and waiting then for the date to role round.

One would suggest in the same letter that if a response is not forthcoming with the information and criteria requested, that one would have no choice but to lay complaints at the obvious door/s and also lodge a review.

In the meantime one would expect due process to happen within a responsible and acceptable timeframe.

#7 User is offline   Alan Thomas 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Just because ACC staff have been very bad to me that doesn't mean I lower myself to their standards.

#8 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

As usual, KTH is touting for business and showing his poisonous side yet again..

He doesn't usually give good advice on here unless there is a $ or two in it.

The first step before filing for Review is to make contact with the Team leader if the case

manager is not helpful.

It is wise to find out the issues and information on file.
Unreasonable delay is reviewable.
/but of course you must first get all the facts as well as the file.

Sometimes talking/writing (paper trail) to those senior to the CM is helpful.

Not everyone is competent to file for review and not everyone can afford an Advocate.

Also time and delay is involved with Reviews so a letter first is not a stupid idea.

that is why this forum was set up to help those needing help.

We all have had our own experiences with ACC and can offer some advice even tho we are not so called advocates. You use the so called advice at your discretion.

This is free speech and those opposed to it, should go elsewhere.

good luck

my advice is timely and sound. I do not seek work like others on here.

#9 User is offline   MINI 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

View Postunit1of2, on 25 September 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

I think what Sparrow and AT have suggested is a polite and normal request to ACC on those issues. I fail to see why KTH would suggest going in boots and all with Reviews, which of course cost $'s to the public purse and one's own funds when as always normally advocated, one needs to have a fully ACC learned person/advocate or lawyer to put all across the table. Oh and lets not forget the time involved 'waiting', dragging of the chain to get a review date, and waiting then for the date to role round.

One would suggest in the same letter that if a response is not forthcoming with the information and criteria requested, that one would have no choice but to lay complaints at the obvious door/s and also lodge a review.

In the meantime one would expect due process to happen within a responsible and acceptable timeframe.

It never ends up in Review. It is a step in the right direction if ACC are holding it up on purpose and it is Legitimate way to get progress. This claimant wants movement this will get it. Even Ms Collins suggests using the laws that are in place.

Mini

#10 User is offline   keentohelp 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostSparrow, on 25 September 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

As usual, KTH is touting for business and showing his poisonous side yet again..

He doesn't usually give good advice on here unless there is a $ or two in it.

The first step before filing for Review is to make contact with the Team leader if the case

manager is not helpful.

It is wise to find out the issues and information on file.
Unreasonable delay is reviewable.
/but of course you must first get all the facts as well as the file.

Sometimes talking/writing (paper trail) to those senior to the CM is helpful.

Not everyone is competent to file for review and not everyone can afford an Advocate.

Also time and delay is involved with Reviews so a letter first is not a stupid idea.

that is why this forum was set up to help those needing help.

We all have had our own experiences with ACC and can offer some advice even tho we are not so called advocates. You use the so called advice at your discretion.

This is free speech and those opposed to it, should go elsewhere.

good luck

my advice is timely and sound. I do not seek work like others on here.

You really are a stupid little (well, grossly overweight but that aside) bird aren’t you Sparrow.

Knowing as I know you do (if you can remember of course) that I do not take clients who are accforum members AND the nature of an unreasonable delay application (if you can quite understand my post, # 4 above) how about telling us how me suggesting Relic file an application for unreasonable delay is IN ANY WAY (1) not good advice (2) somehow has any dollar value to me?

Otherwise how about just admitting that you are a stupid, unpleasant and bigoted little (well, fat) bird who really should not be listened to?

PS I fully accept you are not seeking work sparrow – before you retired on to the old age pension you made it pretty clear on accforum that you intended to never work. A lifelong holiday paid for by everyone who does work may be good for you but seems a little unfair on those who end up supporting you in your idleness.

#11 User is offline   sunny 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

View Postkeentohelp, on 26 September 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

You really are a stupid little (well, grossly overweight but that aside) bird aren’t you Sparrow.

Knowing as I know you do (if you can remember of course) that I do not take clients who are accforum members AND the nature of an unreasonable delay application (if you can quite understand my post, # 4 above) how about telling us how me suggesting Relic file an application for unreasonable delay is IN ANY WAY (1) not good advice (2) somehow has any dollar value to me?

Otherwise how about just admitting that you are a stupid, unpleasant and bigoted little (well, fat) bird who really should not be listened to?

PS I fully accept you are not seeking work sparrow – before you retired on to the old age pension you made it pretty clear on accforum that you intended to never work. A lifelong holiday paid for by everyone who does work may be good for you but seems a little unfair on those who end up supporting you in your idleness.

Wondered how long it would be before you raised your ugly head kth
Cant help yourself can you
your really are a nasty little man arent you!

#12 User is offline   Sparrow 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Sunny, just another insulting drug fuelled rant by a person who needs urgent help

Shame to ruin yet another good Thread from Relic

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users